We, the city
council of the city of Braşov, as a corporation endowed with the
books of the city, have unanimously decided in today's festive
meeting to donate to Her Majesty Queen Maria of Greater Romania the
old castle of Bran so rich in historical memories—Castrum in
Lapide Tydrici of olden days—as a sign of the profound
veneration and the unwavering dynastic sentiments of our city.
also wishes to be above all an expression of the sincere
veneration that the entire population of our city feels as well,
towards our great Queen who dries the tears of our widows and
orphans, encourages those hopeless, provides help and comfort to
those who lie in suffering, and spreads her blessings everywhere
she goes, and through all this she wins with an irresistible
enthusiasm the hearts of the entire population of the country.
paper of donation is addressed as a document of our unanimous
From the meeting of 1st December 1920 of the city
council of the city of Braşov.